I leave the project

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Wed Jul 7 03:59:20 PDT 2004

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> Sorry for all the mess that I have done with the book. I want to leave
> the project because it is not exaclty what I need, and I disagree with
> the roadmap. My bad.
>
> Now Jeremy and Jim explained me my mistakes, and I agree with them. The

I am very sorry to hear of your decision.  I do not know what strategy
stops our American contingent from using your ideas.  I woud have thought
that a book that "works for everyone without deviation" is a good thing.

If this makes LFS into a distro, then why not.  As long as it retains its
educational nature.  Do we really need to dumb down the book?

I found your hotplug contributions very educational, and am using them,
during cold plug, to detect hardware; in place of the old devfs.

I had hoped that LFS would have become international, and that you could
have helped us break the mold.

Chris