Noob questions: ELF binaries, a.out, and xmkmf

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 6 12:26:21 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 08:03:42PM +0100, Gareth Westwood wrote:

> If everything is built to give ELF binaries I should be able to remove
> MISC and a.out support from the kernel shouldn't I?

Absolutely. The change of you even seeing an a.out binary is remote.

--
Archaic

"...The Bill of Rights is a literal and absolute document. The First
Amendment doesn't say you have a right to speak out unless the
government has a 'compelling interest' in censoring the Internet. The
Second Amendment doesn't say you have the right to keep and bear arms
until some madman plants a bomb. The Fourth Amendment doesn't say you
have the right to be secure from search and seizure unless some FBI
agent thinks you fit the profile of a terrorist. The government has no
right to interfere with any of these freedoms under any circumstances."

- Harry Browne, 1996 USA presidential candidate, Libertarian Party