please release a text version of lfs/blfs book

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Mon Jul 5 07:32:47 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 07:45:23AM +0000, cedric wrote:
>Hi all, Is it possible to release a text version of the (b)lfs book?
>I find this a bit easyer than a html version, because this requires a browser,
>witch i don't have at the start of the (re)build.

I used to add lynx as a base package so I can browse the html book
after I reboots the new system. But I have to agree that browse with
lynx is not remotely as comfortable as with GUI. Looking at lynx -dump
generated text is even worse.

During one of my webparser project, I wrote a lfsbook perl program
that can parse the HTML books (online or offline, chunk or nochunk)
into an OGDL text file that only includes the relative infomation that
I interested. If anyone is interested, here is a link to one of my
earlier parsed text:
    http://dragontiger.dyndns.org/download/lfsbook.g.tar.bz2

The webparser program is writen in perl and designed in such a way to
make the actual parser program for individual webpage robust and easy
to maintain as the webpage design changes.

Anyone is welcome to  contact me privately if interested in my webparser.

--
Hui Zhou