please release a text version of lfs/blfs book

The Old Fellow nowhere at all.com
Sun Jul 4 23:28:55 PDT 2004

cedric wrote:
> Hi all, Is it possible to release a text version of the (b)lfs book?
> I find this a bit easyer than a html version, because this requires a browser,
> witch i don't have at the start of the (re)build.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Cedric

Cedric,

This is easy to do yourself with lynx:

1) download the NO-CHUNKS version of the book from
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/stable/

2) run: lynx -dump file:/whatever > LFS-book.txt

Hey presto, a text version.  For BLFS you'll need to generate the
NO-CHUNKS version yourself as the webiste doesn't carry one, get the XML
and use xsltproc to create it (with help, in necessary from someone who
can remember how to do that!)

--
The Old Fellow
Replies will go to the great black hole