diff ,patch and mp3s

michael michael8110 at terra.com.br
Fri Jul 2 21:37:11 PDT 2004

Hello,i came across the following problem:wishing to set up a backup
scheme for my music mp3 directory,i made a copy of it to a separate
partition with dd ,mounted it and then ran diff when the original
received a new addition.I intended then to put the patch command in cron
,and i'd then have automatic backup .But patch always returns 'only
garbage found in diffout file '.I suspect that is because diff only works
for text,is that right?Thanks for any answers,michael