LVM not ready for prime time yet?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Tue Aug 31 12:48:03 PDT 2004

Well, with my plans to build a new top of the line box, I've been looking
around for the info to get max flexibility and usability out of it.

One of the things I was really looking forward to playing with was LVM, as I
always seem to get my partition sizes wrong, and I was planning to put
several drives in the box.

But, after reading the LVM how-to and homepage, it seems that LVM2, for the
2.6 series kernel is not quite ready for prime time, and LVM1 is only for the
2.4 kernels.

I'll have another look after I get some of the hardware together and am ready
to start building.

Cheers,

	John Gay