C++ problem -Problems

Miguel Bazdresch lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org
Tue Aug 31 11:31:04 PDT 2004

* Hui Zhou <zhouhui at wam.umd.edu> [2004-08-31 17:40]:

> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Miguel Bazdresch wrote:
>
> > > OK, what is a good UI anyway if intuitive is not one of its criteria?
> >
> > What about giving me control to do what I want, quickly?
> >

> Of course, I can't give a better one line answer than this. :)
>
> Well, ultimately, this will be *telepathy* (is this the right word?), that
> the user can command the computer directly by mind. Any of you who is
> watching Stargate-Atlantis?

Would be nice but there's no need to go so far. Good keyboard control
plus mouse is all i ask for.

When I start X it comes up empty except for gkrellm. If I hit
Winkey+enter, I get a large xterm with a large font running screen, with
several programs already loaded in predetermined screens. I also get
four small xterms with small fonts. With several keyboard combinations I
can move the xterms around in many ways that are hard to describe easily
but that make me more productive. Think the kind of tiling LarsWM does,
only that running on openbox.

Intuitive? of course not. Took me several days to fine tune the scripts
and to tweak the keys i wanted to use. In fact the scripts could still
use a bit of improvement. Efficient? you bet. Fun? A lot more than
windows.

I haven't said it's bad :)

--
Miguel Bazdresch