Microstar comments?

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Tue Aug 31 10:42:56 PDT 2004

On 8/31/2004 13:01, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> John Gay wrote:
>
>> Silly me. So what's the big advantage of SATA if each interface can only
>> handle one drive?
>
> Speed. Hotplug support. Smaller cables. Longer cables. All your friends
> are doing it.

You forgot: "no need to fsck around with silly jumpers"  :)

One small caveat, make sure you have one of: sata drive(s) with legacy
power connectors, power supply has sata power connectors, you have a
molex to sata converter cable.

The western digitals (not sure about raptors) that I've seen come with
legacy power connectors.  The seagates I've seen (barracuda sata) don't.

Cheers,

~Jason