Microstar comments?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Tue Aug 31 10:49:42 PDT 2004

On Tue 31 Aug 2004 15:54, Jason Gurtz wrote:
> On 8/31/2004 03:35, John Gay wrote:
> > Seems the VAI K8T800 and VT8237 are supported with a minimal 2.6.7
> > kernel. I'll just need to disable the IDE Generic and enable the K8T800
> > chipset.
>
> If you can, try and get a motherboard with an nforce chipset.  Much
> better, regardless of the manufacturer of the motherboard.

Well, the contact in the shop can get me motherboards from:
Acers
Canyon
ECS
Gigabyte
LEX
Matsonic
Microstar

After searching each supplier, Microstar are the only one's who seem to carry
Opteron boards and Dual Opterons at that.

I've been searching Ireland for Opteron boards for a while. You can get a few
servers and even fewer workstations, but you know the price of those. I'll
start with the MB, get a few memory chips here and there, pick up an Nvidia
card and a big tower case for all my drives, and wait for the lottery to get
a pair of Opterons to power it all.

> You could do worse then getting MSI...

That is what I was hoping to hear. At least no one has said that MSI boards
were crap.

Cheers,

	John Gay