C++ problem -Problems

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Tue Aug 31 09:32:13 PDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Miguel Bazdresch wrote:

> > OK, what is a good UI anyway if intuitive is not one of its criteria?
>
> What about giving me control to do what I want, quickly?

Of course, I can't give a better one line answer than this. :)

Well, ultimately, this will be *telepathy* (is this the right word?), that
the user can command the computer directly by mind. Any of you who is
watching Stargate-Atlantis?

If that is too difficult, a good control will be robot vision and speech
recognition. Robot vision is still very preliminary, but speech
recognition is quite usable technology now. Well, one still need teach the
softwary the flexibility of human languages.

It's arguable wheterh GUI or typing at commandline is the quicker way to
give you what you want, it is largely depend on the developers' design and
users' experience. And thingking through all the software I experienced, I
don't think it is conclusive to say M$'s UI is not good even by your
criteria.

--
Hui Zhou