Microstar comments?

Andrew Calkin calkin at ieee.org
Tue Aug 31 00:19:31 PDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 07:35:31AM +0000, John Gay wrote:
<snip>
> The MB has two ATA connectors, two SATA connectors and I've
</snip>
and
<snip>
> So that's 8 ATA drives plus 4 SATA drives
</snip>

I am not _certain_, but I think from memory that each SATA controller
can only handle one drive. I _should_ know this, as I have a SATA
hard drive on my machine at home, but I have been overseas for 3 months,
and that machine seems a distant memory right now. But my mobo has dual
PATA and dual SATA, so it could have a total of 4 PATA devices and 2
SATA. If someone knows better, please correct me.

//Andrew