FreeBSD question

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 30 23:19:59 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 11:50:38PM -0600, Archaic wrote:

> Not true in FreeBSD. ls -G does color, but you can also specify an ENV
> variable CLICOLOR, but I'm still trying to find info on what to pass for
> the variable.

CLICOLOR=yes
LSCOLORS=ExGxFxdxCxDxDxHbHbExEx

Will get you the default linux colors with a couple of minor changes for
set(u,g)id files. This is assuming TERM=linux. I haven't tried others.

--
Archaic

Morality is always the product of terror; its chains and
strait-waistcoats are fashioned by those who dare not trust others,
because they dare not trust themselves, to walk in liberty.

- Aldous Huxley