FreeBSD question

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 30 22:50:38 PDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 07:39:02AM +0200, Andrew Calkin wrote:

> I was told by my sysadmin at work that colours in ls was a gnu thing,
> and if I _really_ wanted it, he could install that package as well as
> the only solution. This is for a NetBSD installation.

Not true in FreeBSD. ls -G does color, but you can also specify an ENV
variable CLICOLOR, but I'm still trying to find info on what to pass for
the variable.

--
Archaic

the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle
for independence.

- Attributed to Charles Austin Beard (1874-1948)