C++ problem -Problems

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Mon Aug 30 15:05:23 PDT 2004

On Mon 30 Aug 2004 10:23, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:25:13 +0200
>
> Miguel Bazdresch <lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org> wrote:
> > For instance, how is it intuitive to find the "control panel" under a
> > button labeled "start".
>
> Probably a bit more intuitive than having the "Shutdown" option under
> that same button labelled "Start"!

You mean like this exchange proves?
<QUOTE>
Crew: Urgent Johnson, we can't get a DOS prompt.
 JSC: Press C: enter.
 Crew: Heck, we're not familiar with all this
 JSC: What screen are you looking at?
 Crew: It says 'My Computer', and, er, various other icons.
 JSC: Click on 'Start' and then shut down.
 Crew: You click the 'Start' button to shut down?
 JSC: Yeah. Isn't it obvious?
 Crew: Somebody get me an aspirin.
 JSC: Just hit the damn 'Start' button.
 Crew: We can't do that. It didn't load a mouse.
 JSC: Didn't load any mouse at all?
 Crew: Well, yeah, a PS/2 or something. But we don't have one of those
 JSC: Okay. Press Alt + Esc.
 Crew: And what does that do?
 JSC: It should help.
 Crew: Negative.
 JSC: Stand by, will replicate the problem down here.
 Crew: Roger.

 [Long pause]

 JSC: Okay then. Double click the MS-DOS icon.
 Crew: I don't have a mouse.
 JSC: Go to backup.
 Crew: Which is what?
 JSC: Dock with the Russians. They have a Unix Workstation you can borrow.
</QUOTE>

Cheers,

	John Gay