C++ problem -Problems

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 30 05:24:22 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 12:08:55PM +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:

> Yeah, just remembered another one...using Ctrl-Alt-Del to login to the
> damned thing!

I sortof agree with you here. I would prefer that they allow you to
disable ctrl-alt-del as a reboot key altogether, but without that, I'll
take it for logging on. Keeps people who have terminal access, but not
physical access, from easy DoS'ing at the login prompt (when their
identity is as yet unknown to the system).

--
Archaic

[W]hat country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned
from time to time that [the] people preserve the spirit of resistance?
Let them take arms...The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to
time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787