C++ problem -Problems

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Sat Aug 28 18:35:00 PDT 2004

On 29 Aug 2004 02:37:18 +0200
d95-bli at nada.kth.se (Björn Lindberg) wrote:

> > Why do I care? I want linux to do what *I* want.
>
> I agree with Ian here. If gaining widespread acceptance means making
> Linux to be like Windoze, I am not interested. And if general
> computing is ever to move forward, dumbing it down to the lowest level
> has to cease.

Indeed, if only because its so hard to find ANYONE interested in talking register level details anymore :-(

Im rather happy atm. the PDA stuff is going really well:-

PCMCIA is 50% working on the e800 (slot works, internal wifi doesnt)
I have built a NAND flash driver for the chip in the e750 and e800 which is working
USB (OHCI) is 90% working on all three PDAs (e740, 750, 800)
My SD/MMC driver for all three PDAs is on its feet now (can get responses to commands, not very useful tho)
I think I know why the e740 cant suspend / resume.
I have a friend who understands this stuff on the same level I do and is working with me (hes disassembling wince, Im reassembling stuff on linux)

Mind you, that f*sking keypad controller is still eluding me...