C++ problem (redone)

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Fri Aug 27 12:03:51 PDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 07:44:43 -0700
Steve Bougerolle <steve at bougerolle.net> wrote:

> That does seem to be normal.  Personally I prefer one space per
> indent, but I'm rare that way.  There are a few out there who seem to
> like whopping huge 8-character indents and acres of white space, too,
> but thankfully not many as that makes code very hard to read.

Oi!

well, OK, Im probably more partial to 4-character indents, and I used to
use 2 char indents in my BBC BASIC days...

I'd like to say though, that anyone using spaces to indent *deserves* to
die. use tabs, then everyone can choose the width of indent they like
when reading your code.

also, when indenting on multiple lines, DONT go:

<tab>printf("blah blah",
<tab><tab>foo);

please only use the same number of tabs as the indentation level on the
parent line, and pad the remainder with spaces, so the relative
horizontal position of the 'f' in 'foo' and the first quote char are the
same.