CH. 5 Testing Glibc: FATAL: kernel too old

Dominic L Hilsbos dhilsboslfs at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 22 21:29:04 PDT 2004

Archaic wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 09:18:52PM -0400, Dominic L Hilsbos wrote:
>
>>The host system is a 2.4 series kernel, is that the problem?
>

> I'll give you 3 guesses (and the first two don't count).

If you can only build a 2.6 kernel on a system running a 2.6 kernel,
then don't you have a chicken and egg problem?  And more relevant, how
do I manage to get a 2.6 kernel running to build on?  I can't really
take the computer down to boot it to, say, a bootable CD, and I'm not
really prepared to try to cross compile, in addition to building a
testing version.

--

Dominic L Hilsbos

"Peace can not be kept by force.  It can only be achieved through
understanding"
Albert Einstein

Linux registered user: 283861		http://counter.li.org/
LFS 5.0 ID:12136			http://linuxfromscratch.org/cgi-bin/lfscounter.cgi