Compaq iPAQ 3130

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Thu Aug 19 13:03:37 PDT 2004

On Thu 19 Aug 2004 18:48, Ian Molton wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:31:12 +0000
>
> John Gay <johngay at eircom.net> wrote:
> > Well another google has found that there was gpe support at one time for
> > this model, but the latest version only supports the h3600 & h3900
> > models. gpe does have a large selection of packages. opie is the qt
> > version so I want to have a look at that as well. Also, looks like I got
> > a bit of life out of the battery, so I'll have another bash at it.
>
> nice one.
>
> when you get it working be sure to drop the rest of us a line on
> handhelds.org IRC

Well, first attempt to load bootopie-v61-03-h3100.jffs2 failed at the very
end. The ipaq just shutdown? So as a former Windows user, and considering
this does have wince on it ATM, I'm trying the same thing again to see if the
outcome is different. (The first sign of insanity is doing the same thing
over and over and expecting a different result. The second sign is using any
M$ products (-; )

But I don't do IRC. E-Mail is addictive enough for me. I'd never sleep if I
were on IRC (-;

But thanx for the encouragement. Now I just need to figure out how to build
the cross-compile toolchain to build my own file system images for this.

Then I want to build the mingw cross-compiler. Can I write and compile wince
apps with the mingw tool? As Declan would say, I belong in Ardee (-;

Cheers,

	John Gay