Compaq iPAQ 3130

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Thu Aug 19 12:31:12 PDT 2004

On Thu 19 Aug 2004 17:42, Ian Molton wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:39:01 +0000
>
> John Gay <johngay at eircom.net> wrote:
> > > It'd be MASSIVELY faster than MrNobbys machine.
> >
> > Really? A 206Mhz StrongARM with 16M RAM would be faster?
>
> MASSIVELY. Show me a 38 that can decode an mp3 in real-time. That ipaq
> can.
>
> > Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to support any of the GUI's available
> > from http://www.handhelds.org
>
> u sure? its probably just a matter of adding greyscale support to XFbdev
> or something.

Well another google has found that there was gpe support at one time for this
model, but the latest version only supports the h3600 & h3900 models. gpe
does have a large selection of packages. opie is the qt version so I want to
have a look at that as well. Also, looks like I got a bit of life out of the
battery, so I'll have another bash at it.

Cheers,

	John Gay