Unzip

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Thu Aug 19 11:24:48 PDT 2004

tino rozzo wrote:

> How do I unzip tar files? Or any files? Can anyone direct me to a
> freeware site?
> Also, is there a Debian site where I could get freebies I didn't get
> through Xandros, like FTP and Hard drive recognition drivers?

> Powered by Linare Corporation
> http://www.linare.com/

Have you bought a very cheap computer, running Linux; and have
little knowledge as to how it all works?

Do you have local libraries; there are many books that teach Linux.

You can use you browser to search for packages; use the search engine
at http://www.google.com/linux

When you click on a package, then your browser should give the option
to download it.

You can download all GNU/Linux packages freely; (we do not call them
freebies; it is free source).  And you can get binary packages from
Debian, or any other distro

Chris