new openssh (new paranoia-patch)

Rainer P. Feller Rainer-Peter.Feller at physik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Aug 18 04:28:01 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 13:13, Bennett Todd wrote:
> 2004-08-18T09:17:33 Rainer P. Feller:
> > just found s a new openssh version:
> > openssh-3.9p1 for us :-)
>
> Thanks for the ptr. I can't seem to turn up any release notes for
> it, what's this release for?
>
> And what does the paranoia patch do?
>
> -Bennett

I don't know why this is a new version ... (as far as I see it checks
now the permission if the user ~/.ssh/config seen from code and from
ChangeLog)

My paranoia patch adds the possibility to have a ETCDIR/ssh_config_p
where you can define parameters for ssh which will "owewrite" parameters
from the comandline, that's all.
I tried to get a statement from the openssh people about that idea, but
they didn't answer ...

CUH Rainer Peter Feller