My lack of knowledge.

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 17 12:28:43 PDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)
tino rozzo <teak at linux.net> wrote:

> How do Get things to download to and from my ftp? I used office and
> there is no FTP Thing.

Why would an office package (presumably OpenOffice or KOffice or
similar) have an FTP client?  What it sounds like you need is an FTP
client.  Try looking at the BLFS book, it will have at least 1 there.

> Also I am trying to unzip a Chess game. It is in TAR? Any good free
> software out there?

What's the file extension - I can't see your PC from here.  If it ends
in .zip then it's a zip file that needs unzipping with info-zips
'unzip' tool - again, BLFS has details.  If it's a .tar.bz2 or .tar.gz
or .tgz then 'tar' will be able to unzip it for you (although having
presumably read the LFS book you should really know this by now).  BTW a
better place for these questions would arguably be BLFS-support.

Regards,

Matt.