demoncracy

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Tue Aug 17 11:23:32 PDT 2004

On Tue 17 Aug 2004 17:06, Allard Welter wrote:
> but doesn't - ostrich phenomenon I guess (which is a myth btw - despite
> not being the brightest of creations, they don't avoid danger by
> putting their heads in the sand - they run, and if necessary kick with
> formidable force).

Actually, the idea of the ostrich sticking it's head in the sand is comes from
it's first reaction to danger. It drops it's head to the ground with it's
neck close to it's legs so it looks like a small tree.

If the danger gets closer, then it runs. As a last resort, it can kick the
head off most big cats, but if the cat gets a bite of the leg, the ostrich
has had it.

I wonder if anyone has considered replacing 'tux' with an ostrich? (Cheap
attempt to drag Linux into the subject (-; )

Cheers,

	John Gay