WebMail with threading

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Fri Aug 13 10:14:36 PDT 2004

On 8/13/2004 11:33, Carlos Martin wrote:

> That's probably what I'll do. But I still need a webmail app with good
> threading capability.

I didn't know that it did but in perusing the Squirrelmail faq I found
that they claim to support threading if the IMAP server beneath supports
it.  See:

    <http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/en_US/SquirrelMailFeatures>

I have no experience in trying to set that functionality so if you
decide to give it a try please consider posting the results to this
mailing list because I would enjoy this feature also.

I can vouch that, in terms of basic functionality, the Squirrelmail
package has performed very well for me.  I manage it at work where it
serves up to about a half a dozen concurrent users on a lowly P-166MMX
with 256MB and ext3 FS on a single (slow) IDE disk.  It is a tad on the
slow side because of the ancient hardware but is reliable and works
well.  It sits on top of wu-imap and sendmail here.  There are probably
better imap servers out there...

Cheers,

~Jason