WebMail with threading

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Thu Aug 12 08:35:24 PDT 2004

2004-08-12T14:58:35 Carlos Martin:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:34:47 +0200, Miguel Bazdresch
> > ssh + mutt
>
> Hadn't though of that (stupid me). However, I may not be able to
> have an ssh client on the box I'd use. I had originally though of
> webmail because every computer has a browser (if it's got access
> to the Internet I'll assume it has some sort of browser).

If you've got a browser, you can arrange to have an ssh client. See
Mindterm and Weirdmind, available from
<URL:http://www.tam.cornell.edu/Computer.old/remoteaccess/>. I
downloaded the weirdterm gizmo and set it up on my webserver, so
I've got ssh access from most web browsers.

Since these things run as applets, they can only connect back to the
server from which they were downloaded, so you need to install them
on your own web server to which you have ssh access.

-Bennett