WebMail with threading

Carlos Martin carlosmn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 08:15:21 PDT 2004

On 11 Aug 2004 18:55:31 +0200, Björn Lindberg <d95-bli at nada.kth.se> wrote:
> Not to answer your question, but if I were you, I would run an IMAP
> server instead. Then you can use any mail client you wish from
> anywhere, and still have full access to all your mails.
I'm not sure that every mail client I'd use would be IMAP-compatible.
I already have cyrus running (that's how SquirrelMail works), but I
don't want to have to set a new IMAP account on every computer where
I'd like to check my mail.
I'm not talking about using personal machines (that's no problem). I'm
talking about using a friend's computer for a moment. Setting up
his/her client with my account would not be an ideal solution. Apart
from that, it'd be a security problem, as even after deleting the
account, it might still be accessible to worms, viruses, spyware, all
of the above (you should see how stupid some people around here are).
--
Carlos Martín
SoKrA-BTS