Visual Basic VS C++

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Wed Aug 11 13:34:21 PDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 12:27:20PM -0700, Steve Bougerolle wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 12:00, tino rozzo wrote:
>> IS Visual Basic any better then C++ for creating anything for Linux?
>
>Visual Basic is a terrible thing.
>
>So is C++ but given a choice it's no choice, use C++.

I wouldn't call VB terrible. To make a gui dialog type simple
application, I am yet to find a more intuitive method than VB which
showme the window in no time. If the application become more
complicate I switch to C to avoid the painful language; but there are
many occasions that I just like a tool like VB which can make an
program in a few minutes and make my wife happy.

VB for linux? Not the slightest idea.

However, I am currently thinking on making some visual tools like VB
in linux to facilitate writing simple GUI programs, probably in
python. Anyone know something similar or have suggestions?

--
Hui Zhou