Visual Basic VS C++

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 11 12:11:13 PDT 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:00:07 -0700 (PDT)
tino rozzo <teak at linux.net> wrote:

> IS Visual Basic any better then C++ for creating anything for Linux?

I don't even think Visual Basic is better than C++ for creating
anything for Windows!  I was also under the impression that VB was/is
Windows only, unless you're running something like Wine or VMware.
There's a wonderfully dead project at http://vb4linux.sourceforge.net/.
If you're new to programming (and even if you're not) I'd suggest an
interpreted/scripted language like Python or Ruby.  They'll run on
Windows too, assuming your Windows machines have the relevant
interpreter installed on them.

Regards,

Matt.