WebMail with threading

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 11 10:28:26 PDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 06:55:31PM +0200, Björn Lindberg wrote:

> The servers I have heard about are Cyrus, which are supposed to be
> good, but somewhat difficult to install; uw-imap and Courier, both of
> which are supposed to be easy to install.

Not as easy as one might think. It depends on your needs. If all you
have to do is retrieve your mail, then an impa or pop3 server would be
the ticket. However, if you have to send mail, you either have to be
able to relay through the remote host's smtp (either local or ISP) or
you have to be able to relay through your own smtp server. Now you are
talking SASL and possibly TSL support. Webmail stays local, at least.

--
Archaic

CVS is not *intended* to inflict great pain on any who use it, it is
just *possible* that it may do so.