WebMail with threading

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Wed Aug 11 10:00:04 PDT 2004

Carlos Martin <carlosmn at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi guys (or gals),
>
> I'm looking for a way to read mail that is in my home
> machine from anywhere else (hopefully, in a few months
> I should be able to get a decent connection to the outside
> world with a static IP)[0] and so I thought that webmail running
> on the mail server ( I don't have enough money or need to
> have a dedicated machine for everything) would be a good
> solution.

Not to answer your question, but if I were you, I would run an IMAP
server instead. Then you can use any mail client you wish from
anywhere, and still have full access to all your mails.

The servers I have heard about are Cyrus, which are supposed to be
good, but somewhat difficult to install; uw-imap and Courier, both of
which are supposed to be easy to install.

Björn