WebMail with threading

Carlos Martin carlosmn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 08:54:50 PDT 2004

Hi guys (or gals),

I'm looking for a way to read mail that is in my home
machine from anywhere else (hopefully, in a few months
I should be able to get a decent connection to the outside
world with a static IP)[0] and so I thought that webmail running
on the mail server ( I don't have enough money or need to
have a dedicated machine for everything) would be a good
solution.
The problem now comes to choosing one that fits my needs. I've
found that SquirrelMail is good but it doesn't know what a thread is[3]
and that can be really annoying.
So, my question is: Do any of you know of any (OSS) webmail app
that can do proper threading (of messages, I can't use an SMP
machine anyway).?

[0] Although that depends on whoever is giving us the service. We're
getting it at a reduced price using wi-fi because we can't[1] get
broadband where I live.[2]
[1] i.e. the phone company won't put it.
[2] Well, not right now, but that's another story.
[3] Something like gmail understand them, although it doesn't have
to be the same way ( I also doubt there are any others like this)

Thanks...
--
Carlos Martín
SoKrA-BTS