LFS router with AMD Geode NX

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 10 16:51:33 PDT 2004

Dan Osterrath wrote:

> Yes, but it should have a very small form factor and has to support 1.5V core
> voltage. I wouldn't call this "standard".

I don't think a 1.5V core is that hard to find support for; most of the
new Athlon XP CPUs are in that range anyway. Small form factor is open
to debate; if you're going to have a hard drive and a CD-ROM drive, you
won't be able to get much smaller than a mini-ITX case, in which a
Micro-ATX motherboard fits perfectly. Doesn't have two LAN ports, though :-(

> I've found severals with the old NS Geode GX processor, too. But a AMD Geode
> NX would be nice to have.

Yeah, actually the Soekris board uses an even older CPU, a Geode SC1100.
It will work for what I need, but it's underpowered for your application.