Filesystem for a shutdown-by-pulling-the-plug machine

Boris Buegling boris at icculus.org
Tue Aug 10 05:56:32 PDT 2004

On 08.08.2004, cedric created this extraordinary piece of modern literature:
>I've implemented it, thanks for the tip. exactly how much disk space does this
>cost? Is it just the size of the file being written, or smaller/bigger?

As a side note, you might want to take a look at minit (see a WIP copy
of a hint about it here: http://www.icculus.org/~boris/minit.txt, it's a
bit outdated by now). By running/stopping services in paralell, minit is
usually much faster than init, a full shutdown takes 2-3 seconds on my
box.

Regards,
--
Boris Buegling <boris at icculus.org>