False Alarm: Re: Strange beeping

Rainer P. Feller Rainer-Peter.Feller at physik.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Aug 10 00:44:43 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 01:33, Archaic wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 03:26:53PM -0700, Dominic Hilsbos wrote:
> > Sorry guys, was my cell phone with a dead battery.
> > (Yes, yes, I feel exceptionally dumb.)
>
> HAHAHAHA! Thanks for the *huge* comic relief. My day wasn't going to
> well until now!!! :))
>
> And don't sweat it. We all do stuff like that from time to time. :)

A friend of me "bothered" me with something simmilar:
His PC gave beeps in irregular intervalls, even when it is totally
powerd off, in fact unplugged.
The solution was that one forgotten smoke-detector behind the PC went
out of power ...

What do we learn from this?
A PC is not the only pice of electronic to be able to beep :-)
And we might get serious problems if we continue to spend all of our
time glued to keyboard, mouse and our eyes only seing what a fancy gfx
is showing us ;-)

HEY MAN! there is a real world out there!
hm ... which version?

CUH Rainer Peter Feller