Strange beeping

Dominic L Hilsbos dhilsboslfs at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 9 10:22:41 PDT 2004

Saturday night my Server computer crashed all over the place, and I have
spent yesterday and this morning reinstalling and reconfiguring it.
However starting this morning it has taken on the very annoying habit of
beeping at me every 3 minutes, does anyone know what might be causing
this?  It happens whether there is a user logged on or not, and began
right after I started running mgetty again, however I'm not getting
anything abnormal in the logs, nor is mgetty restarting. I plan on
commenting out the line in inittab that run mgetty, but I don't have
time to right now, anyone have any ideas of what might be causing this
problem, so I can make some real headway after work, even if it isn't
mgetty?

--

Dominic L Hilsbos

"Peace can not be kept by force.  It can only be achieved through
understanding"
Albert Einstein

Linux registered user: 283861		http://counter.li.org/
LFS 5.0 ID:12136			http://linuxfromscratch.org/cgi-bin/lfscounter.cgi