Filesystem for a shutdown-by-pulling-the-plug machine

cedric cedric.de.wijs at softhome.net
Sun Aug 8 02:13:17 PDT 2004

Hi all, i want to be able to just yenk out the power cable of my computer, and
not loose any data, or being forced to run 'checkdisk' afterwards.

I figured i need a filesystem that instead of overwriting files makes a file
'next to it' and when it's confirmed the file is written removes the old
file.

Any filesystems out there that does this?

btw, instead of just pulling the cable, running a script is fine, as long as
the script doesn't take much longer than about a second.

Greetz, cedric
--
The only dumb question is the one omitted

De enige domme vraag is degene die niet gesteld wordt