New OS System

Mike Hernandez sequethin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 16:49:00 PDT 2004

A loopback? A loopback device is something you can use to set up files
as filesystems on any linux system (and other stuff too but thats what
i use it for anyway.)  Its pretty cool you can just:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/path/to/somefile bs=(block size) count=(how many)
losetup /dev/loop0 /path/to/abovefile

once you do that you can use /dev/loop0 as if it was a hard drive. Its
great for making cd's and stuff. You can even use it with encryption
=) I use it to make cd backups of my lfs systems. You can even bzip2
the file when you are done and if you use /dev/zero like i did above,
the empty space compresses reallllly well.

If you already knew that, then sorry; but my point is that it really
wouldnt help you run windows software...  they might have something
like wine in there, which is an emulator?

Mike