LFS UK MEET

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Fri Aug 6 15:26:36 PDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 21:33:45 +0100
Matthew Burgess <matthew at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> I'm up for it.

Cool. (you're back on line I see :-)

> I recently visited Windermere and the surrounding area to
> celebrate/commiserate my 2 years of marriage.  We took a trip to the
> Watermill Inn (http://www.watermillinn.co.uk/) which has 16 real ales
> on tap, and a whole host of _strong_ bottled European beers!

That sounds nice :)

> As an aside, is anyone from the UK/Europe interested in purchasing the
> new printed book.  If so, I'm willing to take delivery of them all, on
> the assumption that a bulk purchase will minimise postage & packing
> charges.  Ian, I believe you took charge of this last time around -
> care to share your experiences? :)

Other than 'dont' ? ;-)

Ok, seriously - I sold about 25 copies IIRC. people were pretty good
about paying on time too.

If you can find a source of suitable cardboard boxes its a bonus - hand
wrapping 25 books in cardboard is no mean feat ;-)

AFAIK, all the CDROMS arrived intact (I burned them to save the trouble
of the publisher sending them to me, on their advice).

Dont forget to factor in your costs. I made a net loss of a few quid,
but thats OK as I wasnt in it for the money.