(O/T) Anyone following Real Robots?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Fri Aug 6 14:52:12 PDT 2004

Since many here are in England/Ireland/Europe I was wondering if any other
Linux people had built the Real Robots from Eaglemoss?

The main robot is now finished and the handset/controller is complete enough
for the computer-link software, except the application provided is
Windows-only. Thinking that the programming code and communication protocols
should be basic, I wrote asking them if they could provide details to allow
Linux users to experiment with it. Here is the reply:
<QUOTE>
Dear John,

I am afraid that it is against company policy to pass out information
regarding our CD formats or protocols.

I realise that this is a disappointment and can only apologise.

We hope you continue to enjoy all other aspects of this project.

Regards,
Gareth Ayre