LFS UK MEET

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 6 13:33:45 PDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 02:06:02 +0100
Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Since theres a good number of us in the UK, how about a meet ?
>
> How about Windermere again? its fairly easy to get to.
>
> Whos up for it? (and when?)

I'm up for it.  I was wondering whether or not to try and coordinate
the meet with the release/delivery of the printed book.  This would put
it around August 18th + 6 weeks (i.e. September 29th).  This is
probably a longer timescale than you were thinking of.  Personally, I'm
free just about any time (work owes me some hols, so as long as the
workload permits, then I should be able to get away).  As such I'll
leave it up to those that are more constrained than myself to arrange a
suitable date.

I recently visited Windermere and the surrounding area to
celebrate/commiserate my 2 years of marriage.  We took a trip to the
Watermill Inn (http://www.watermillinn.co.uk/) which has 16 real ales on
tap, and a whole host of _strong_ bottled European beers!  They have
rooms available in case anyone needs to stop over the night before/after
the meet.  Oh, and the food was top notch too.

As an aside, is anyone from the UK/Europe interested in purchasing the
new printed book.  If so, I'm willing to take delivery of them all, on
the assumption that a bulk purchase will minimise postage & packing
charges.  Ian, I believe you took charge of this last time around - care
to share your experiences? :)

Cheers,

Matt.