digraphs, dipthongs and diacritics (again)

Allard Welter allard at quicknet.nl
Thu Aug 5 02:54:39 PDT 2004


A while back digraphs came up in some vi discussion. Some technical 
things were subsequently explained and someone eloquently gave an 
explanation of dipthongs. One outstanding thing was what the collective 
name for letters with accents, tilde's, unmlauts etc. is. A friend used 
to be in the publishing business, luckily the term was still in his 
GRAM (grey random access matter). The accents, tilde's etc. are 
referred to as diacritic marks or points, while letters in combination 
with such marks are loosely referred to as diacritics.

Regards, Allard.

More information about the lfs-chat mailing list