Just asking

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Wed Aug 4 13:52:58 PDT 2004

On 8/4/2004 15:21, Ian Molton wrote:

> My ME6000 is under 15 watts for the entire system.

Looks like the ULV parts at up to 1.1Ghz have a thermal design power of
7 watts.  so I guess probably about the same 15W ballpark for the whole
system.

But hmm, the LV Dothen 738 model at 1.4 Ghz has a TDP of just 10W or
choose the ULV model 733 (1.1Ghz) that has a TDP of just 5W  That's
killer and I bet modern games would run pretty nicely on it with a
miniAGP Radeon.  Tho doesn't the laptop Radeon have a TDP of better than
20 watts?  Be funny not to have a fan on the cpu and have a screamer on
the graphics part

I have dreams of making a system with one of these things out of clear
acrylic and a copper Faraday cage

welcome back,

~Jason