Upgrade question

Joe Morris heartboy at nycap.rr.com
Mon Sep 30 13:42:25 PDT 2002

>> He's also giving Joe a hard time because he wanted an nVidia card.
>> Perhaps Joe doesn't care if nVidia releases their drivers OS?  It's
>> his choice.  Isn't choice what it's all about?

IM> Perhaps some people are underinformed. Why did Joe ask about the
card
IM> here if he didnt want information? I dont see Joe complaining, so
IM> perhaps the only one with a problem here is /you/ ?

Man, this got a little blown out of proportion. I looked around at
sources all over the net, and I didn' hear good things about Radeon
3D-accel. On the DRI website I saw the Radeon support, but I didn't
think that applied to the newer Radeons. I heard some good things about
Nvidia, and even linuxhardware.org's system of the year for 2001 had and
Nvidia card. I didn't want to waste money on something that I couldn't
get working, but now I see the error in my ways. It is too late now,
I've already ordered it, and I'm sure I'll be happy with it.
Joe
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org