Upgrade question

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Mon Sep 30 14:27:39 PDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:57:25 +0000 (UTC)
tonyk at rochestermidland.com ("Tony Karakashian") wrote:

> >> I believe I said (lost my original) that its engouraging companies
> >not> to do the 'right thing'.
>
> The 'right thing' is making profits to pay their employees and
> reimburse their shareholders for the faith they've shown the company.

As a customer, the right thing is to deliver unto me a product of which
I can use all the features I payed for.

> No, it wasn't really my interpretation.  My interpretation was more
> along the lines of "sigh, we made a choice to use Linux, and everyone
> else should be forced to adhere to OUR standards."

I feel that if you're going to use software written by the community,
you should try to help out where possible.

> >> Incidentally, In the UK, having full use of something you buy is
> >> actually grounds enough to allow one to legally reverse engineer
> >> something.
>
> Congratulations, you've got one of the silliest laws I've heard of
> today.  Take that as no disparagment of the UK.  The US leads the
> world in stupid laws.

Im sorry? A law granting me the right to use something I PAYED for, for
the purpose it was designed, is stupid?

> He asked if it was supported, and no one commented on the company's
> policies until after he made the purchase. :)

Didnt see he bought it till after I replied.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org