Upgrade question

Tony Karakashian tonyk at rochestermidland.com
Mon Sep 30 13:57:08 PDT 2002

>> I believe I said (lost my original) that its engouraging companies not
>> to do the 'right thing'.

The 'right thing' is making profits to pay their employees and
reimburse their shareholders for the faith they've shown the company.

>> I suppose you could interprett that to mean I believe Nv are evil, but
>> that would be your interprettation, not my intent.

No, it wasn't really my interpretation.  My interpretation was more along
the lines of "sigh, we made a choice to use Linux, and everyone else
should be forced to adhere to OUR standards."

>> Incidentally, In the UK, having full use of something you buy is
>> actually grounds enough to allow one to legally reverse engineer
>> something.

Congratulations, you've got one of the silliest laws I've heard of
today.  Take that as no disparagment of the UK.  The US leads the
world in stupid laws.

>> Perhaps some people are underinformed. Why did Joe ask about the card
>> here if he didnt want information?

He asked if it was supported, and no one commented on the company's
policies until after he made the purchase. :)

-T
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org