Upgrade question

Tony Karakashian tonyk at rochestermidland.com
Mon Sep 30 12:58:55 PDT 2002

>> Excuse me?  The impression I have is that he is merely advocating
>> support for companies that do more then pay lip service to Open Source
>> philosophy.  The entire LFS project would not exist if it were not for
>> Open Source.

No, he's not.  He's saying the companies are WRONG because they're
providing support that doesn't meet up to his standards.  The company
provides drivers and support for Linux, that's enough.  If you can't
get to the source for those drivers, big whoop, write your own.

He's also giving Joe a hard time because he wanted an nVidia card.
Perhaps Joe doesn't care if nVidia releases their drivers OS?  It's his
choice.  Isn't choice what it's all about?

-T
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org