Upgrade question

Jochen Schröder jschrod at uni-muenster.de
Mon Sep 30 06:17:17 PDT 2002

Am Mon, 2002-09-30 um 01.31 schrieb Joe Morris:
> Hey guys, while I'm thinking of it, what do you recommend for a good 3D supported video card? I'm not sure whether to go Radeon 7500 or GeForce4. Thanks!
> Joe
Are you talking of Geforce4-MX or Ti4200-Ti4600? The Ti's are a totally
different league same as Radeon 9500, 9700. If you're thinking of a
GeForce4-MX, that's essentialy just a GeForce2 with a bit more RAM.  I'd
rather recomment a Radeon 9000 or 9000 Pro. I read some good reviews
about them, not great for the latest games but good value for money. You
could also look at some GeForce3 cards they should be really cheap  by
now and the Ti versions are a lot faster than the GeForce4-MX (I'm
running a MSI Geforce3 Ti200 and really like it). It really depends what
you want to do with it, 3D shooters --> Geforce4 Ti4200(cheaper then
4600). Office and an occasional game --> Geforce3 (if you can find one)
or Radeon 9000 (Pro)

cheers
Jochen

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org