Upgrade question

Joe Morris heartboy at nycap.rr.com
Sun Sep 29 12:24:21 PDT 2002

Hey guys, I'm thinking about upgrading my PIII to and Athlon XP in the near future.  I've got a few questions before taking the plunge. Since all of my binaries were compiled with -O2 -march=pentium3 -mmmx -msse -mfpmath=sse, would my programs run fine on the AMD, or would I have to recompile all of my programs?  Also, I know some people have complained about VIA chipsets. What is a good chipset for an Athlon? Is SiS okay? How about a stable mobo? Anything else I should know about upgrading? Thanks!
Joe
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org