Arived, still alive

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 28 13:43:11 PDT 2002

On September 20, 2002 08:15 pm, Archaic wrote:
> > Candian Rockies in a few minutes (going from Didsbury to Calgary, to
> > Canmore, then out to Banff and Jasper and back to Didsbury). I'm writing
>
> If that's a short trip, I'd hate to see what you call a long trip. ;)

The trip was changed slightly. We went from Didsbury straight to Canmore
bypassing Calgary and stayed the night with family. Then the next morning we
drove from Canmore to Banff, looked around a bit like real tourists do
(lovely little down for those who know Banff). Then we continued to drive to
Lake Louise, then Lake Moraigne (or however you spelt that) and then up to
the Columbia Icefield. Beverly (my wife) used to work three seasons at the
Columbia Icefield and I now saw why she loved it out there. In the middle of
the Rockiest working at one of the biggest glaciers. Just breathtaking.

We did a tour of the Glacier and it got a bit late so we didn't continue up to
Jasper for dinner. Instead we went back the way we came to the Saskatchewan
River Crossing (again probably not too many people who know what/where that
is) and had some dinner there. I tried my very first Buffalo meat there in
the form of a buffalo burger. Quite nice, quite different from beef. Anyways,
from there we drove back to Didsbury by way of the Thompson highway (through
Rockie Mountain House, Sundre and Olds).

Yeah that was a short trip really. What do I call a long trip? Well driving
from Toronto, Ontario to Didsbury, Alberta is quite a long trip. 4 days
driving 14 hours. That's exhausting to say the least.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org